Hi,

I was wondering whether there was an old thread regarding the core design
choice for the amount of network requests made by the GTK client?

I feel that this is a relevant question in light of the fact that the
community is pushing for a generic web client.

I noticed that for each view the client makes many calls to the server, I
find that this goes against best practice principals as network requests
are expensive.

Is the answer simply that it is much easier to develop a generic client in
this way?

To be honest I have not monitored the GTK network requests; I am actually
going off what I noticed in the SAO client.

I noticed that for the party view for example lots of calls are made for
each of the different models requests.

Wouldn't it be better to have a single end point for party that would
provide all the required data in a single response rather than a number of
response.

I have not had a look at the code for the GTK client at all, so I guess my
next step is to look at that first to understand how it works.

Cheers,