On 09 Mar 20:28, oscar_alvarez wrote:

> I am getting stange results in General Ledger, on fields Balance, Total and
> Balance, when just we creating account moves on first period of the first
> fiscal year,  for example a specific account it has moves on just on first
> period (and select on wizard just first one period) and not on previous
> periods, the results on report for this account isn't seems logical. Steps
> for reproduce it the problem:
>
> * Create new database
> * Create first fiscal year
> * Create first period
> * Create a move that use new account ABC (it never used in another account
> move), with debits $700
> * Set the first period
> * Post the move
> * Call wizard general ledger
> * Select start period as first period and set the same end period (first
> period)

This is a wrong selection because there is no room for any move between
the first and the first period.

> * Print the report
>
> Result showed:
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Code                                             Name
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> ABC                     MY NAME ACCOUNT
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Date                    Move                      Debit
> Credit         Balance
>             Balance                                  700
>                     0                700
> 09/03/2015            MV-001                   700
> 0                700
>            Total
> 0                      0                 0
>             Balance                                  700
>                     0                700
>

> Red Balance is 700 if this is start balance and it must be 0
>
> "Total" not must be  0 "zero", if this account has move in this period,

Indeed it should not select any move at all. This is because you pick
twice the same period. I think the report should remove from the end
periods any period that are already in the start period.

> I think the right result must be like as:
>

> Date                    Move                      Debit
> Credit         Balance
> Previous Balance                                  0
> 0                   0
> 09/03/2015            MV-001                   700
> 0                700
>            Total  (move on period(s))          700
> 0                700
> End Balance                                        700
> 0                700
>

> So when this move is created on next periods the result is Ok, Just example
> fail just when is first period on first fiscalyear.

No this should be the result with start: None

Please fill an issue to fix when using the same period for start and
end.
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com