On 2016-08-02 18:00, Diego Abad wrote:
> The problem seems to be exec_report (inside action.js) function on sao,
> because to deliver data to client actually sao used createObjectUrl
> function.
>
> This link related the problem:
> https://github.com/readium/readium-js/issues/72
>
> Reports generation works fine If I replace the use of createObjectURL by
> the readAsDataURL
> (fileapi) as suggested on:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24485077/how-to-open-blob-url-on-chrome-ios

Normally, Blob URLs are well supported now:
http://caniuse.com/#feat=bloburls

> But with this solution, report data is received as base64, but I'm not
> sure, any disadvantage
> of using fileapi.

Yes there is a big issue with this solution because data URIs size is
limited on some browsers and it is less efficient as it must be encoded
in base64.
http://caniuse.com/#search=datauri
Also FileReader.readAsBinaryString() is deprecated and non standard
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/FileReader/readAsBinaryString

So I do not think we should change it especially for a non standard
method and because recent version of iOS support the standard way.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com