Hi,

The support of derivative translations landed in trunk:
https://bugs.tryton.org/issue5443

The Pootle server has been updated to get the latest translations with
the right code. During the process, we may have lost some suggestions
(Pootle does not really manage renaming the language code).

For now, we have only one kind of derivative language which is Spanish.
So for the Spanish translators, the country specific translations have
been cleaned if they were the same as the 'es'. You must keep them empty
if the parent translation is correct. The best way to check the parent
translation when translating is to add in your Pootle settings, the
parent language as "Alternative Source Languages".
Of course, it will be great if you could make more cleaning because it
was only the strictly equals strings that were removed.

**Attention** the sao translations does not support derivative language,
so it must still be completed translated.

Also I invite all Spanish translators to collaborate to have a good base
'es' translations. For now, it is @albertca who is the administrator.
If needed, we could re-add a derivative 'es_ES'.

For the other translators, there is nothing changed in the process
except that your language code may have been simplified.
And that you can already start translating partially for 4.2 :-)

For existing database, there is an option migration query to run:
https://discuss.tryton.org/t/migration-from-4-0-to-4-2/161

Regards,
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL