I would like to suggest a module to manage an SMS queue. I am interested to
get feedback/comments.

I need to create a module to send SMS's via an SMS gateway provider called
Twilio [1]. The reason for this queue is because users should be able to
tell if messages have been sent or not without having to access another
system.

The idea is that we could have a generic SMS queue module which is
basically a single model: SMSQueue.

sms.queue:

   - to: {phone number}
   - from: {from number}
   - body: text field
   - SMSStatus: selection

I also envisaged a second object to relate to any model:
sms.queue-models:

   - sms: Many2One to sms.queue
   - ref: Reference

A provider/gateway specific module would simply use the model above to
store messages etc ...

[1] www.twillio.com