On 2017-06-20 06:20, Maxime Richez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's my small problem in Tryton 4.2, i want to filter products on a
> specific product category. I define those category as a property in a
> configuration.

Why using a Property field?

> My code is here: https://pastebin.com/wDF8qGtX
>
> So in my main class (PrinterModel), i define a function field on product
> category to get the default category stored in configuration...
> (printer_category).
>
> This function field is used in my domain for the product to get only
> products from a specific category (and children too)  (printer_model field)
>
> My code wasn't working until i define a default_printer_category... code is
> redundant but it's working.
>
> My question: is it necessary to use a function field for the domain or can
> i evaluate a function in domain ?

Only field of a model can be evaluated by PYSON.
There is the PYSON.Id but it will require that you create the category
in XML.

> If not, how to avoid code redundancy for
> default_ method and get_ method for the function field ?

You can call the default_ method from the getter method.
But you need to have both because the getter will be called only once
the record is saved/created.

> Is there a better way to implement this "filter" ? i'm looking for examples
> in code but unsuccessfully.

I think the creation of categories from XML could be a good option.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com