On 2017-12-13 01:13, edbo.des...@gmail.com wrote:
> But the question remains: Is it possible?

Yes probably. Plugins are kind of wizard that run on client side.

> and if so, how can we execute a plugin-command from the client?

The plugins appears in the action menu of the form.
The plugin can decide on which model to appear thanks to the
'get_plugins(model)' method.

> So a user clicks on the (new?) print button and in the background the
> labelsoftware is started, a predefined label with variables is opened
> (just like a odt-report) and filled in with the data the plugin got
> from the Tryton-client.

I guess you will have to retrieve the report using RPC calls and send it
to the printer.

But indeed you may be interested by https://bugs.tryton.org/issue6999, I
think we will allow to customize the command to do direct printing. In
this case, you could write a script that will recognize the label and
send it to the right printer.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com