* Guillem Barba Domingo: " Re: [tryton] no connection to trytond running in
  VirtualBox NAT" (Thu, 22 May 2014 09:19:57 +0200):

[...]

> it is what you have take care.
> If you will use IPv4 connections/IPs, I think is better set only '
> 0.0.0.0:8000' to avoid conflicts

Which conflicts?

> > > set but it still reports "Could not connect to
> > > server" (the username in the client is set to "tryton" but I don't
> > believe
> > > that's important at this step, is that correct?).
> >
> > It is important: The first user created is admin and it is this one, with
> > which
> > you connect the first time (providing the password used while creating the
> > database).
>

> It is important because it seems you created the database automatically
> with the 'trytond -i all' call.
> I've never done it so I'm not sure which user/password sets but provably it
> is 'admin/admin'.

JFTR: When creating a databse from command line, the server asks for the
password.

[...]

>  > There were no new
> > > messages in the ssh terminal session in which I invoked trytond, and no
> > > messages in the log file (which I had configured in trytond.conf).
> > >
> > > Is there any way to debug whether the connection request from the client
> > is
> > > being received by the server at all? I don't understand the stack (i.e.
> > > psycopg2 et all). Is there any way to check if the connection is getting
> > > through the individual components of the stack? I've been reading a lot
> > of
> > > posts, and while I haven't found anything specific, did read references
> > > whether or not the database hostname, etc. is required in trytond.conf,
> > and
> > > that psycopg2 will use unix sockets by default, and wonder if this might
> > be
> > > related at all.
> >
> > You can try to connect to the postgres database from your windows machine
> > (e.g. with pgadmin3).
>

> NO. It doesn't test anything because of the explanations above.

Of course this is a possible test from remote to the virtual machine to proof
connectivity via TCP/IP to the interface in question. Which was intended.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6