> On 11 Jun 09:00, NotZippy wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I could not find this online, but I thought I would ask to see if there
> is
> > something like this. The relationships would be like the following
> > {Product Variant} ->one or more of {combination of {one or more of {{qty}
> > one or more of {Product Variant}}}}
> > OR
> >
> > Basically it is product with a variable BOM so you would define the BOM
> > alternatives like:
> > Product A consists of 5 of either Products B or C and 1 of Product D
> > OR
> > Product A consists of 1 of either Products B 2 of products G and 1 of
> > Product D
> > OR
> > Product A consists of 1 of either Products G 2 of products H and 10 of
> > Product D
> > OR
>
> You can define many BOM's for the same product.
> By default Tryton will pick the first one but it should be possible to
> write a code to select one base on some criteria.

If in the described use case, for each product there is only one valid BoM,
maybe you found useful our module production_bom_versions [1].
It adds to BoM an start/end dates, and a BoM can be related to its "master
BoM" (it's a way to "group" them, there is nothing inherited from "master
BoM").
There is only one active version per each master.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-production_bom_versions/

--
Guillem Barba
http://www.guillem.alcarrer.net