Am 27.09.2014 00:14, schrieb Cédric Krier:

>>> Better to add the field! This is really stupid to over engineer with a
>>
>> The problem Jordi tries to address is about the fact that he cannot
>> know in advance what fields the user wants to use for searching. In
>> fact the user doesn't know either until he has the need.
>>
>> We discussed this in the TUB and I think several people were
>> interested in creating a module that allows users to define their own
>> tree views. That would solve the search issue too, with the advantage
>> that the user can check the result, which I agree is important.
>
> *No* developement at all is needed. Everything is already in Tryton.
> Also it is because of a bad or lack analysis of the needs that nobody
> knows what is needed. It is always the wrong answer to say: We don't
> know so let the user do the job.

*Yes* - you can't do an analyses how people discovers data. For example
the invoice tree: one want to know about the products sold, one about
shipment numbers and an other about the amount. A tree view can't be
generic:  people is scanning data on a screen in different ways because
of both personal preconditions - numbers vs. strings as example - and
specialized needs to know what the line is about. And in bigger
companies staff is changing ... So you can't say it's a wrong answer: I
can't do psychological analysis and not for people I don't know. Each
module developed in real life is a indicator for a existing problem in
one of the companies using tryton. So for me a discussion about treeview
could be a topic on Unconferences ...