* Albert Cervera i Areny: " [tryton] Revisiting product's type" (Fri, 2 Jan
  2015 00:20:16 +0100):

> Currently product's type can be one of:
>
> - Assets
> - Goods
> - Service
>
> However, I don't think it's correct to have the distinction between Assets
> and Goods/Service. For example, if my company is dedicated to selling cars
> and I have the product "Kia Sportage Emotion" I may have it in stock for
> selling but I may also purchase the car to be used by one of our employees.
> In this case, currently we'd need to create two separate products for what
> it actually is the same product.

Agreed.

> I think that just like we moved "Consumable" out of the "Type" field into a
> boolean we should do the same with Assets. Add a new check box "Asset" that
> when true it would allow to fill in the asset-related accounts.

I don't even think, that a new checkbox is needed, because the Boolean
'Depreciable' already exists.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6