On 28 Feb 22:37, Chris Larsen wrote:
> As I run trytond (for ERP, with GNU Health and the Occhiolino LIMS) in
> different virtualenv instances, and inside FreeBSD jails, trytond does
> actually not run out of the box, or rather only in a simplistic localhost
> install.

Nobody has ever say that tryton will run out of the box for your needs.

> I blindly assume that the latter may not be everyone's idela
> installation modus.

It is the simpliest installation and the most secure one.

> Therefore, allow me to add a sampe configuration file that - as I hope -
> accommodates the latest current confiuguration version. By copying this
> trytond.conf.sample to your own tryton.conf, or, optionally,
> trytond_[instance].conf, and by editing those options that are non-default
> in your given setting, you should be ready to run!

This is illogical. You put a bloated configuration file to only change
few settings. The right way to do that is to identify the settings you
need to change by *reading the documentation* of all the packages
installed and compile your configuration file with them. This goal can
never be achieve with a sample because of the modularity of Tryton
(which will increase more and more with the future releases).
For example, in addition to the ldap configuration, there will be the
price_decimal from product module. Or from non-standard module like
tryton_synchronisation.
So it is far better to encourage people to read the documentation and be
used to this way of configuring instead of providing already deprecated
samples.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com