On 2015-11-10 07:56, 'Korbinian Preisler' via tryton wrote:
> On 09.11.2015 23:01, Cédric Krier wrote:
> > On 2015-11-09 21:03, 'Korbinian Preisler' via tryton wrote:
> >> I will try to sum up again the things that need to be done:
> >>  * The invoice/credit note type will be removed
> >>  * The self-billing like it is defined by tax law can be implemented with
> >> a boolean field that marks the "self-billing" and that will switch the
> >> layout of the report. As i noted in my last post there is no other
> >> difference compared to a normal invoice.
> >>  * The Wizard 'Credit Invoice' should should multiply the quantities of
> >> the invoice lines with -1 to produce the negative total amount
> >>  * A credit note (which is defined by a record with a negative total
> >> amount) must produce move lines with negative amounts
> > I don't agree with this. In most countries having negative debit or
> > credit is at least suspicious or even forbidden. This must not be the
> > default behaviour of Tryton and at least it should be possible to have
> > a kind of invoice that inverse the debit/credit.
> > Negative debit/credit are done with the cancellation procedure.
> Could someone point me to some information about this? I really
> interested why this should be forbidden in some countries as i think
> that this is a native feature of accounting and i do not see any reason
> why this should be forbidden.

My accountant tells me in Belgium, nobody does it but he can not say if
it was forbidden.
Indeed it is the quite logical otherwise there will be any notion of
debit/credit because it can be replaced with positive/negative.
Also that's why the credit note is called a credit note because it does
credit.

> >> For me the current cancelation functionality can be removed as it will
> >> now implemented by a credit note (which is defined by a record with a
> >> negative total amount). But i could live with it if it will be limited
> >> to the supplier side like it is now.
> > It must stay as I said above we need to have a way to generate both kind
> > of move.
> >
> As i said above some pointers to the reasons why this is really needed
> would help me to understand this requirement.

It is needed otherwise I can not use Tryton in Belgium at least. More
over, it is been 7 years Tryton does credit without any complaint.
Negative debit/credit is the *special* case. In my accounting courses,
my teacher never spoke about negative debit/credit indeed if I had put
one in my exercise, I would have failed.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com