On 2016-11-19 02:30, Alexander Davis wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I am looking at ways of simplifying the tryton client by producing an exe
> file with our server and database settings pre-configured in a profile
> rather than making the end-user having to manage profiles. Sort of like a
> "Kiosk Mode" if you will, where the end-user would just have to worry about
> entering their username and password. I have the following questions:
>
> * Where does the Tryton client store the profile settings once it is set. I
> noticed that once i setup a profile on my laptop it sticks no matter what
> version of Tryton i use

It is in profiles.cfg, see
http://doc.tryton.org/4.0/tryton/doc/usage.html#configuration-file

Rem: On Windows, '~' is %APPDATA.

> * Is it possible to package a config file within the onefile exe that would
> already include the pre-configured profile like the demo_server is right
> now? I made changes to the config.py file pointing to my tryton server but
> it didnt seem to make a difference.

What about having a installer script which execute the tryton-setup.exe
and after that create the profile file and also tryton.conf.

> I am not sure if this would be useful for other users but it would be very
> useful for a project i am working on right now where the end-users would
> not be very tech-savvy

You also have the option of sao, the web client.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com