On Sunday, 5 March 2017 18:55:05 UTC+1, Peter Müller wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't get the point with that product / variant thing.

Me too, it's the most ridiculous and confusing thing in Tryton.  A lot of
people hate me because of this. So I'm thinking to propose a redesign of
the whole product / template / variant thing. But only after two months
because I don't have time for it right now. I have already done some
research for a possible solution. The basic idea is to move all the fields
from template to product and that the template is "just" a template with
filled in data. When you create a new product and add the template, values
from the template will be filled in, but you then can edit them, without
touching the template.

> Probably it is not my use case, I don't have T-Shirts for sale ... I want
> only a product record with a product code.

Me too, now you have two forms to fill in the data, which is confusing.