> On 2017-04-17 02:53, 'Artem Braga' via tryton wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a question regarding business logic of Tryton for accounting of
> > foreign exchange gain/loss on asset/liability. I'd like to illustrate my
> > question on the following example:
> >
> > Functional currency of the company is USD. Company issues invoice for
> 100
> > EUR. Exchange rate as of the date of invoice issue is 1.1 USD for 1 EUR.
> > Company has a receivable of 110 USD. As of reporting date, exchange rate
> is
> > 1.2 and invoice is still not paid by customer. So, company has a
> receivable
> > of 120 USD and 10 USD as foreign exhange gain.
> >
> > What is the Tryton's process flow to revalue the receivable and book
> this
> > foreign exhange gain as of reporting date? What opeartions should be
> > launched to run this revaluation transaction?
>
> There is no automatic process in Tryton for now
> (https://bugs.tryton.org/issue3765). You have to manually
> reconcile those lines and put the write-off on the right account.
>
> --
> Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
> Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com <javascript:>
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Website: http://www.b2ck.com/ \

I still do not get the needed result, which is -- the revaluation of
account receivable in the amount of EUR 100 at the reporting date exchange
rate and booking of USD 10 of foreign exchange gain to the write off
account.

I do the following steps at the reporting date:
1. Reconcile receivable line in EUR
2. Write-off journal settings for reconciliation: default debit account and
credit account have Kind:Revenue

As a result of this reconciliation, the full amount of receivable at a
starting exchange rate (USD 110) is credited from account receivable
account and debited to default debit account in a write-off journal.

Is there a mistake in the process of reconciliation? Or settings are not
correct?

Thank you
Artem