Hi --
        I guess this amounts to a general cry for help.
        I -- a Linux novice if that -- want to mount a Linux box, mobilize the
Linux server, and put my domain onto that equipment.
        At this point, I have the equipment -- a used Acer laptop, perhaps a
couple of years old, which someone gave me.
        At this point, I have no experience with servers -- at least, not from the
inside -- and only a little experience with ordinary Linux and with a few
of the GUI interface Linux programs.
        As Eric Norige indicated, doing what I want to do might seem very simple
to someone more experienced than I. But I scarcely know how to start.
        Do I find anyone out there who for love, or modest amounts of money, would
help me -- teach me how -- to do what I want to do?

        This email machine SHOULD put my contact addresses at the bottom. BUT --
just in case --
        email:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Local address:  2413 North East Street
                        Kirksville  MO  63501
        phone:  627-2519
                                                                Andy
C. A. Hilgartner        .               Phone: 660-627-2519
2413 North East Street .                FAX:    660-627-2930
Website: www.hilgart.org