Having 700MB CDs doesn't mean anything unless your CD-R can handle them,
and the appropriate drivers are installed.  Personally, I have a very
old CD-R, and I had to flash the BIOS on the drive in order to be able
to support large format CDs.  So, I guess that could be a problem.  But,
if in the past you never had problems with breaking the 650 mark, then
thats not the problem.

-Jim Drewes
jimdrewes.com