Hello All,

I am upgrading my kernel for the first time.. and I'm
kind of not sure what step comes next..  Any help
would be greatly appreciated :-)

What I've done so far:

*backed up all my config files in
/usr/src/kernelconfigs
*got the 2.4.22 src files and unpacked them into
/usr/src/linux-2.4.22
*made symbolic link linux-2.4 point to linux-2.4.22
instead of linux-2.4.20-8 (I have also a symbolic link
linux pointing to linux-2.4)
*did a make clean, make mrproper, make clean, then
recopied the .config file (I guess I was supposed to
do that?)

So yeah..  If anyone can help, I would be greatly
indebted to you :-)  You can email, or call (785-7329)
if you have a few minutes and can talk to me about
it-- I'm a bit confused as far as what the howto I'm
looking at is telling me to do
(http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO/quick_steps.html#upgrading).

Thanks :-)

Dana