On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:50:42PM -0600, Benjamin Story wrote:
> I recommend exim as it's easy to setup and understand.  Debian coupled
> with exim is extremely awesome because of the setup utilities Debian
> includes for exim.
>

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:43:12PM -0600, Bob Ackerman wrote:
> > I would like to take this a step further.
> >
> > I would like to setup an email server at my office to handle our
> > incoming email. Currently it is handled by our ISP. We do not have a lot
> > of incoming or outgoing email. What software would be recommended and
> > why. And yes, I have a Linux Server standing by (SuSE 8.2, soon to be
> > upgraded).
> >
> > Thank,
> >
> > Bob Ackerman

I am a fan of exim as well, although that is because it is the
default mailer for Debian.  Since you are talking about a
relatively small amount of email, any reasonable mail server
will be fine.  You should probably choose for ease.  Exim and
Postfix are both supposed to be pretty good in this regard.
I generally recommend gently against Sendmail, although obviously
it is a very capable server.

Keeping up with security patches is particularly easy in Debian,
and because they have a long release cycle, you don't have to do
major upgrades all of the time.  I can generally count on a 2-3yr
supported time window from them.

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>