Speaking of CUPS...

My CUPS says that it is "unable to convert file 0 to printable format"
whenever I try to print something (e.g., a CUPS test page or a
PostScript or text file).

The printer in question is a PostScript printer (HPLJ1200). Seems to me
there shouldn't be any need for conversion of PostScript files since the
printer can interpret PS on its own... But I *did* install espgs. I also
looked up the text file filter in the mime types and conversions files,
and I verified that the filter (texttops) is world-executable. I turned
on debug-level logging for CUPS, but it doesn't elaborate further on the
"unable to convert...to printable format" message.

Suggestions? Should I post some log [excerpts] or config files
[excerpts]?

Thanks,
Sean