I use a GSM phone in kirksville that is from my AT&T Wireless carrier
back in St. Louis. However, I get "311 40" listed instead of my "AT&T
Wireless" network display showing whose tower I'm connected to.

Also, I have yet to know whether or not I'm going to have to fight AT&T
on my bill for some outrageous charges for using this network.

If anyone knows what the "311 40" cell network is from, let me know.

Thanks,
Justin West