Hi all,

We submited a draft to describe a problem that is related to operational state
migration in data center.

The draft is originally posted to OPSAWG, but we also think it's related to
TSV-Area as well. So we would like to invite people in TSV-Area to discuss the
problem.

The URL of the draft is

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration-00.txt

VM(Virtual Machine) migration is very popular now. Virtualization and Virtual
Machine (VM) migration provide Data Center with feasibility and improves the
utilization of limited physical resource, e.g. switches/routers, servers and
links.  Meanwhile, a variety of policies (e.g.  ACL, firewalls, load balancers,
IPS and QoS) are deployed in Data Center to improve system security and
gurantee SLA.  Those polices are executed by rules configured or generated on
network devices.  E.g. packet filtering policies are executed by Access Control
List on switches or firewalls.  Another example is Load balancer (LB) who
extablishes TCP/HTTP connections with external clients and balances connections
among server farm. During this process, TCP state tables are dynamically
generated on LB.  When VM migrates, the network devices that processing and
forward VM's packets may change.  In order to keep VM's running serives and
guanrantee security on new place, VM-relevant states, including configuration
state (static policies) as well as the operational state (dynamically generated
information), need to migrate with VM.

In order to make deep research in this problem, we compose a solution survey
draft and a gap analysis draft, you can get them from

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration-solution-survey-00.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-wang-opsawg-policies-migration-gap-analysis-00.txt

When we wrote down the solution survey draft, we realized that part of the
solution may be appropriate in TSV-Area.

 We have raised some discussion in OPSAWG, and get supports from several
persons. If you are interested in learning the discussion, please go there and
find the threads that include 'policies migration' or
'draft-gu-opsawg-policies-migration' in the titles.

Any comments from you are highly appreciated. And we hope to get a time slot in
IETF 81 meeting to discuss the TSV related part in TSV-Area session.

Thank you very much.