Hi Spencer,

I think you guys as Transport ADs will have a lot of interesting info
for the IESG this time around. All the work around evolving the
Transport layer is very important and is getting a lot of attention in
the industry (i.e., outside the IETF).

All the work that is coming and will come after the IAB's workshop is
very relevant. Also, the IESG should be made aware of the possibility of
QUIC coming to the IETF in a relatively short time frame. The evolution
of SCTP and its new use cases (e.g., RTCWeb data channels) is also
important for the IESG to know.

Of course, the relationship between IETF standardization and all the
open source work around transport protocols (even more when some of them
are implemented in user space) is also very relevant.

I am sure most ADs are aware of most of the topics above at a high
level. You need to decide if you want to provide them with more details
on some of them.

Also, please keep us updated on the topics the rest of the IESG decides
to share during the retreat... especially during the evenings over a few
beers :-)

Cheers,

Gonzalo