As I was writing the tests for a new project, I realized that the way
maven
was executing the testcase, truly important information was being
swallowed
buy ANT.  This is not the case with the default way I run Junit
testcases,
esp. since I need the feedback while I am writing the tests.

Consider the following snippet of the build script:

run-tests:
     [echo]        Running all JUnit tests

     [junit] dir attribute ignored if running in the same VM
     [junit] Running org.dhaven.infomover.test.FieldTestCase
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.12
sec

test:
     [junit] TEST org.dhaven.infomover.test.FieldTestCase FAILED

With only two (relatively simple) tests, I can't tell which one of them
failed.
Granted, I know that Maven produces artifacts in files so that the
documenation
includes the JUnit results.  However, the immediate feedback of which
test
failed without having to open extra files is important for the rapid
development
of tests.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin