Hi,

I'm new to maven and running into some trouble with the verify-project target. When I
want to point to my own url for downloading the jar files I get an error that the file
is not available, but yet it is available if i type it into my browser.   Here is a
snip of the error message

[verify-project] Getting: http://nycsdevps/jars/non-distributable-jars.list
[verify-project] Error getting http://nycsdevps/jars/non-distributable-jars.list
 ; it does not exist.
[verify-project] Getting: http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jars/non-distributab
le-jars.list
[verify-project] Not modified - so not downloaded
[verify-project] Getting: http://nycsdevps/jars/PerlTools1.2a.jar
[verify-project] Error getting http://nycsdevps/jars/PerlTools1.2a.jar ; it does
 not exist.
[verify-project] Getting: http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jars/PerlTools1.2a.j
ar
[verify-project] Error getting http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jars/PerlTools1
.2a.jar ; it does not exist.

PerlTools1.2a.jar is in fact present at that URL.  If I copy it over into my local
area ${lib.repo} then maven:jar target works fine.  Any ideas?

- Mark

Also here are some other notes I took while getting up to speed with maven.

As indicated in some other mail, the distribution .jar file does not have the plugins
directory, and no  examples directory. I had to rebuild from CVS in order to get
things to work.  It would be great to just refresh the distribution.

Actually, it was not that obvious to me that on NT ${user.home} is taken from the
environment variable USERPROFILE.  An 'echo' of this and ${lib.repo} of these variable
during the install process would help out a bit.

Another small thing is at the end of the url in the property maven.repo.remote you
need the trailing slash on the url name.....
ie

maven.repo.remote=http://nycsdevps/jars/,http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jars/

and not

maven.repo.remote=http://nycsdevps/jars,http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jars