On the documentation side, the README.txt that is currently in cvs seems a
bit useless. Having done it before I knew how to bootstrap it once I
thougth about it, but if I'd been checking maven out of cvs for the first
time there's no rule that says I had to have gone via the website.

The README probably needs to say:

ant -f build-bootstrap.xml

and

there is more documentation available at: jakarta.apache.org/maven/.. etc

at the very least. Or whatever else is the minimum build. It's not quite
working for me at the moment, but usually just needs some tweaking to get
fixed :) More on that later.

Hen