Hi,

I am trying to achieve the use of global properties in maven.xml, and am having some trouble with the finding of said global properties.

Let's say I have 2 jelly properties : "component1.dir" and "component2.dir".

Now I also have the following jelly property :
<j:set var="components" value="component1, component2" />

These properties are defined in an "init" goal, which is prerequisite to several "subgoals:". The aim is to have several types of properties for each type of component e.g. component1.name, component1.propertyfile etc.

In a subgoal, the "components" property is tokenized using jelly, yielding "component1" and "component2" as tokens.

The intention is to use it as follows :

<j:set var="dirname" value="${token}.dir}" />

The value for "dirname" is thus "component1.dir" and "component2.dir" on successive iterations. And here is where the problem lies.
Using Ant, it is possible to define the global component properties as Ant properties, enabling the use of the "id" attribute. An Ant property
in the subgoal can then refer to the global property by using "refid". The problem is that the ant property can only be set once.

So my questions are :
- Is there some way for a Jelly property to use "refid" or some similar mechanism to refer to an Ant property by id ?
- Is there some way for Jelly properties to refer to each other ?

Thanks, regards,

--

Theunis de Jongh
EPI-USE Systems (Pty) Ltd. "We make you shine!"

This message may contain information that is proprietary or confidential
and is intended only for the addressee named above.  If you are not the
addressee or authorized to receive this message for the addressee, you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or its contents.
If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately
and permanently destroy any copies you may have.