> ParamterParser pp
> pp.getString("selection", selection)
> pp.getString("name", name)
> if selectbox.equals("Partner")
>    ScreenLoader.getInstance().eval(data, "Partner")
>    //I want to pass the "name" field to this screen!
> else
>    do stuff for the other selections selections.

Assuming that pp is retrieved from data, then you can do the same
pp.getString("name",name) in the screen module to get the parameter that was passed.

That is,

class MyScreen extends Screen {
  public ConcreteElement doBuild(RunData data)
  {
     ParameterParser pp = data.getParameters();
     String name = pp.getString("name",defaultForNameProperty);
  }
}

I can see that there might be some overhead in re-accessing the information from the
parser - but I'm not sure of a way to improve it - without knowing more about what is
being passed around.

Regards,
Chris

[ http://www.advogato.org/person/kimptoc/ ]