on 5/29/2000 4:55 PM, dave bryson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Do you plan on adding some example of this kind of stuff in your
> ApacheCon presentations?

Here is what I submitted...not my best writing, but it should work out ok...

ApacheCon Europe 2000 CFP submission

Submitter: Jon Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Title: Turbine: Building Model 2+1 Web Applications
Level: Experienced
Style: Presentation
Orientation: Developer
Duration: 120
Abstract:

Turbine is a Java Servlet based framework that allows Java
developers to quickly build secure web applications. It combines a good
portion of the tools and utilities that most web application
depend on such as database connection pools, Object Relational Mapping,
Localization, Cron-Like Scheduling and more into a single
framework that is usable by a wide range of web applications. By
combining Turbine with WebMacro (a template engine), it is possible to
build Model 2+1 web applications that take full advantage of the
Model View Controller (MVC) methodology.
This presentation will focus on building a sample web application
using Turbine and WebMacro on top of the Tomcat Servlet Engine
and the MySQL database.