> The reason I'm asking is because table locking in Interbase is
> proving to be
> difficult to fit into the current lock/unlock model. It does have a good
> GENERATOR concept though that is similar to Oracle's SEQUENCES, and which
> works quite well. I would just like to cover all the bases, since
> one should
> be able to choose "use.autoincrement.id" or not   :-)

Yeah I quickly realized that table locking is not consistent enough across
databases.  I was planning to make IDBroker a RMI object so there wouldn't
be a problem with running Turbine in multiple VMs.  In that case the locking
stuff could be removed from the DB classes.  This would impact configuration
and performance slightly but seems like the nicest solution.  Any other
ideas?