I have a patch for the database pooling stuff.  It is on

http://sites.netscape.com/ekkerbj/patches/pool.patch

When the additions for Sybase went in last week the driver class changed and
it was noticed that it really should be read from the properties file instead
of hardcoded in the DB classes.  I had been messing with it at the time and
the patch is what I came up with.

The DB class has changed from an interface to an abstract class which all the
children extend.  Default implementations for methods are now in this class.
Database specific stuff is abstract ( lock tables, etc ).  What happens is
when the DBFactory creates a new DB connection, the name of the driver is used
and set in the DB base class.  This is then used for all access to the
JDBCDriver.  So now you must use the name of the JDBC driver class in the
TurbineResources.properties file when defining the database ( all have this
now ).  I also removed the getDatabaseType() method since it was hardcoded
static values in the interface.  We could add this back in if nescessary, but
I didn't find anything really using it.

Check out the patch and let me know what you think.  I only have access to
MySQL and Sybase here and both are working OK.  I also tested MySQL with jyve
and this new setup and all is ok so far.

l8r,

jb

Jeff Brekke
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]