Sean Legassick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP>
> As an aside I noticed that there's some formatting cleanups in there
> too. Although these do improve the code's readability, my opinion is
> that they shouldn't be mixed with real code changes as it made it
> difficult for me to pick out your real changes, the same problem someone
> looking at the CVS diff to see what you changed will have if the need
> arises.
>
> An ex-colleague of mine Tony Finch wrote some good CVS guidelines that
> include this point: <http://www.apache.org/~fanf/cvs-guidelines.html>.
>
> Perhaps formatting cleanups should only be done as a standalone
> patch/commit?  (This is very much just my personal opinion, I don't know
> if anyone else agrees?)

Ug.  Sorry, I forgot about that.  I was messing around with some formatting
tools to format to the guidelines and made a patch afterwards.  I agree with
you, those formatting changes should not be in there, especially since I was
asking for feedback about the implementation changes I made.  I'll check out
the cvs-guidelines also.

Thanks for taking a look anyway & I'll be more careful in the future.

jb

Jeff Brekke
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://sites.netscape.net/ekkerbj