Jon Stevens wrote:

> ug. That was a quick switch.
>
> <http://www.exoffice.com/>
>
> I wonder what the future of exolab.org will be? Will the developers who now
> have to work on closed source have enough time/energy to put into their OSS
> projects? Hmmm... Will exoffice...uh i mean intalio keep these projects
> around now that their focus seems to be on commercial closed source
> software? Curious minds want to know. :-)
>
> p.s. i'm posting these things here because our projects rely and/or use
> exolab code and we should be aware of these things going on.

Did it actually say that they were going to be Closed Source?...  If so
they will get pasted in the market.  Even the big boys are Open Sourcing
their products :)

If they want to screw with Exolab/Castor we can always fork.

IMO this is yet another reason why developers should work with the ASF
and not Company based OSS.  Believe me... all those patches and code
really help your valuation.  VC get crazy over literally anything under
the sun.

I don't know if it is that bad of a situation.  Sure, Exoffice people
get rich over this stuff but we get an open platform and source code for
Free.

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)