on 6/26/2000 9:38 AM, "John McNally" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you save objects in the user permanent hashtable and they are
> serializable, they will be saved when the user object is removed from the
> session.

for example:

data.getUser().setTemp("data", object)

You can then retrieve it with:

data.getUser().getTemp("data");

if you want it to persist longer than the session (as a serialized byte[] in
the Visitor.OBJECTDATA column), replace set/getTemp with set/getPerm.

i think this is a really cool automatic "feature" in Turbine.

please note that the user must be "logged" in in order for set/getPerm to
work properly. we should probably throw an exception if someone tries to use
set/getPerm and the data.getUser().hasLoggedIn() returns false.

-jon