"Daniel L. Rall" wrote:

> > As an aside, a problem I see with any automatic mechanism to do this is
> > that as things stand it won't know if we're in a transaction anyway.
> > Perhaps as your patches use a DBConnection as the cookie (the right
> > choice IMO by the way) we could add an 'inTransaction' property to it?
>
> This sounds like a good idea to me.
> --

I don't think that's necessary for the following reason:

1) The logic to create the transaction for postgres will only be in the
BasePeer methods which don't take a DBConnection parameter.

2) If you've created a transaction you'll be calling the other methods
(which take the DBConnection argument and don't have additional logic
for postgres).

3) If you call the method which doesn't take a connection, either you
aren't in a transaction, or you don't know how to use it.

        -Nissim