John McNally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Sorry, that should be
>
> List v = FooPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(c);
>
> the List/Vector will then contain Record objects.  Partial selection of
> attributes to fill when building objects has not been implemented
> (though if anyone has suggestions they are welcome.)
>
> And I would also like to point out that these Records should be
> considered read only objects, but I should add that to the javadoc.

Please do make the JavaDoc addition!  We now know that calling save()
on these Record objects after their Connection has been returned to
the pool causes Very Bad Things to happen.  (Village Record objects
insidiously retain a reference to their instantiating Connection
object until their DataSet is close()'d.)
--

Daniel Rall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>