On 01/03/2008, at 2:06 AM, Christopher Arndt wrote:

>> I used to have to build & install my own Python2.4 & 2.5
>> (ok, I still have to build my own 2.5).
>
> Why? http://www.sunfreeware.com/programlistsparc10.html#python

I don't usually use the packages from sunfreeware.com due to all the
dependencies they drag along with them.  As can be seen from the
dependencies list for their Python package.  Most of those libraries
are shipped with Solaris 10 already, but the sunfreeware packages
prefer to use their own.

Still, it is very useful for people who don't want to or can't build
their own software.

>>> What other packages do you have to install before all easy_installs
>>> work? GCC, libraries, setuptools?
>
>> Nothing besides setuptools.
>
> You installed this with ez_setup.py, I suppose? Where does it install
> to? /usr/local?

Yep, I use ez_setup.py, which installs easy_install in /usr/bin

> tgsetup.py installs tg-admin into /usr/local/bin. Is this on the
> PATH by
> default?

No it isn't, but I always use "easy_install TurboGears" which installs
tg-admin into the default Python bin (/usr/bin in this case).

Perhaps tgsetup.py should install the scripts into the same location
as the Python interpreter?

Cheers,
CM