The Pylons-less branch opens us the way of both moving to a different
foundation or going on our own.
I'm still not sure if we should move to pyramid or not, what I'm sure
is that we should work more tightly with the Pylons project guys
because in both the case we go on our own or use pyramid we will be
based on many of the packages that are part of the pylons project. Any
solution has to guarantee backward compatibility anyway.

What I know is:
1) From the Pylons package we were using about only 15% of the code as
most of it was overwritten or monkey-patched in TG.
2) Jumping around changing the framework tools multiple times caused
TG to get the fame of an unreliable framework
3) Many people I told them "woah, take a look at TurboGears, is cool"
just answered me "it seems Pylons bloated, I think I'll go with plain
pylons" and I want to avoid being the bloated dumb brother again :D

So right now I'm still thinking about what is the best for the TG
community, I'm slightly headed to the "go without pylons/pyramid
dependency and cooperate on all the Pylons project packages we can
share" way currently, but still not decided definitely.