As a way to learn more about how the Tuscany Java code works I've been
trying to extend it with a new component implementation type for invoking
JavaScript scripts. This mostly works now, scripts are invoked using Mozilla
Rhino and can be configured in the usual SCA way with properties and service
references etc.

This was just a learning exercise but now I wondered if there was any
interest in Tuscany having this? JavaScript makes a very easy way for
implementing simple services, and with the E4X support in Rhino now it could
provide an interesting alternative to something like XSLT for manipulating
XML messages such as web service requests. Another advantage of JavaScript
over something like a more general JSR-223 component implementation type is
that Mozilla also has a C++ JavaScript/E4X implementation which the C++
version of Tuscany could use to keep the two impls in line and have scripts
usable by both.

So any interest?