Ok so from list in the WS binding next steps thread, we've already now done
(4) and (6) and have someone looking at (5). It sounds like everyone agrees
we should look at (7) but thats going to require mostly work by the core
runtime people (though I'd like to be involved). So that leaves the most
pressing things being (1), (2), and (3). I've already got the same (1), (2),
and (3) to do for the JavaScript component so is anyone prepared to
volunteer to at least starting to look at one of these exciting tasks? Rick?
Raymond? Would you take (1) or (3) and we could all take JIRA's in (2) as
they get raised and we have time?

The list of items was:

>> 1) Documentation. At very least something simple explaining how components
>> use externalServices to call remote services and how to use entryPoints
>> expose components as Web service endpoints.
>>
>> 2) Fix bugs. There's a few JIRA's already, sure we can find some more if
>> we play around using the axis binding.
>>
>> 3) Clean up the code and flesh out the tests.
>>
>> 4) Correctly configure the AxisService in ExternalWebServiceClient. As the
>> TODO in the code says and several people have already commented, on this
>> should not use the axis.xml but be configured programatically. The
>> requires moving up from Axis2 0.94.
>>
>> 5) Java2WSDL tooling using the Axis2 tools. Also requires moving up from
>> Axis2 0.94.
>>
>> 6) Move up to a later release from Axis2 0.94 to get several fixes and to
>> support the last two items.
>>
>> 7) Support efficient (de)serilization and streaming between
>> components/services. Ideally i'd like to be able to wire up a WS entryPoint
>> to an externalService or e4x component and have the SOAP body pulled
>> directly from the  incoming StaX stream.
>>
>> 8) Policy. Once (4) and (5) are done it should be possible to use a WSDL
>> with policy on an externalService and have things like WS-Security
>> automatically configured by Axis2, so investigate this and see what can be
>> done on the entryPoint.
>>
>> 9) look at using alternative WS impls to Axis2? XFIRE's just had a
1.0release, or
JAX-WS? Maybe not a high priority but i'm sure we could learn
>> things from trying this.

10) Support invoking simple rpc encoded remote services.  Not proper
rpc-enc support but tuscany working for things like xmethods stockquote
which i'm sure lots of new users will try. Currently SDO barfs on the
WSDL but if it could tolerate it those simple services often work even
if the soap message doesn't have the xsi type stuff.

11) Open our data binding implementation and integrate it with the Axis2
data binding story. Currently our serialization/de-serialization code
assumes SDO DataObjects. Application developers will also want to be
able to use plain  JavaBeans,  Axis2 generated beans etc.