Here's my +1.

rick rineholt wrote:
+1 From me too.   ... come on folks, Lets get the vote
out :-)
Kevin Williams wrote:
+1
BB and DAS stand-alone samples still look good on XP
and OS X
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

Hi!

I created source and binary distributions of the
latest Tuscany
Milestone 1 release candidate level (SVN revision
r408581) and placed
them in my home directory:

http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/tuscany-incubating-M1-src.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/tuscany-incubating-M1-src.zip

http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/tuscany-incubating-M1.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/tuscany-incubating-M1.zip

I also tagged this level of code as
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java-M1-20060522.
Solid progress has been made to produce this
Milestone release, and I
think it is in a good shape. The list of JIRA
issues resolved and
closed in this Milestone 1 release is here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&fixfor=12311030&fixfor=12311061&version=12311030&version=12311061&status=5&status=6&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

The only difference between this release candidate
and the previous
release candidate is the fix for JIRA TUSCANY-414
(feedback from the
incubator list, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-414).
I moved the previous release candidate to
http://people.apache.org/~jsdelfino/test-incubating-M1/RC-history/RC4.
Instructions on setting up your environment to use
Tuscany and
getting started with the Tuscany samples are in the
README.txt and
GettingStarted.htm files contained in the
distributions. These files
can also be downloaded from here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java-M1-20060522/java/README.txt

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java-M1-20060522/java/GettingStarted.htm

I tested the binary and source distributions in the
following
environments:
Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 - Java JDK 5.0 update 06
- Maven 2.0.4 -
Apache Ant 1.6.5
Windows XP SP2 - Java JDK 5.0 update 06 - Maven
2.0.4 - Apache Ant 1.6.5
Please vote to publish the Milestone 1 release
distributions. Please
take some time to download the distributions,
review them and test
them in your environment before voting.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours, please vote
by Thursday May
25, 10am PDT. At least three +1 votes are required,
and only the
votes from Tuscany committers are binding. If the
majority of all
votes is positive, I will send a summary of that
vote to the
Incubator's general list to formally request the
Incubator PMC to
approve the Tuscany Milestone 1 release. For your
reference the
Incubator release policy guidelines are available
at http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases.