I think the 72 hours is a minimum not an exact amount of time, the vote can
keep running until you've got the necessary number of binding +1s. Its also
not great that a large part of this will be over a weekend so you may end up
needing to wait a bit longer.

I'm far from being a C++ expert so so far I'm struggling to get this
running. I need to stop for now but I will be back on it over the weekend,
it would be great if some of you C++ guys could be around on the mailing
list and IRC to answer any questions about C++ setup I may have.