From: Rick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 July 2006 17:33
To: tuscdev
Subject: Subject: [VOTE] promote Chianti revolution to main trunk

    Hello fellow committers,
    Last week I was on vacation and felt for sure that when I got back
    I'd see a unified direction for the Java Tuscany SCA code base. I've
    held back discussing any of this for a while because I didn't want
    to add any more fuel to the fire.  I now feel I have to speak up: to
    be honest about this,  I was really disheartened that it has came to
    pass that we as a community so soon moved to having to fall back on
    "The Rules for Revolutionaries".  While this seems to be acceptable
    path for a Apache project, I don't feel that makes right for
    Tuscany.  I think there is a fundamental difference in the stages of
    projects that followed that route and the stage that Tuscany
    currently is at and survived as a project..  Many of these projects
    were fairly mature, they had a much larger pool of core developers
    to draw on both sides, they had a much larger user base, and for the
    most part they were based on mature specifications.  I agree that in
    some stages in the life time of a project a revolution is
    desperately needed to bring about innovation.  I don't think this is
    the case for Tuscany,  I honestly don't think Tuscany is at the
    stage where it can quite honestly survive such a split and still
    gain traction in gaining commiters and users.

    I'd really like to request that we as a community once again focus
    not as much on the technology which both branches have merit, but
    consider the Tuscany project as a whole will be better served if we
    make a decision on which will be the future today.  Thus I'm
    requesting as has been asked before if we can't take a vote on one
    and once again move forward together as one.

    Specifcly:

    I would like to propose that we make the chanti tree the main trunk
    and turn the current trunk into a maintainance branch. The chianti
    code would be moved to tuscany/java and would be the main
    development tree moving forward; the existing trunk would be moved
    to branches/M1. Please vote if you agree with this proposal - as a
    policy vote, at least 3 +1s and more +1's than -1's would be needed
    to do this

    This is my +1 for this.

    Thanks
    Rick

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.

    You can find us at www.voca.com

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately.

Registered in England, No 1023742,
Registered Office: Voca Limited
Drake House, Three Rivers Court,
Homestead Road, Rickmansworth,
Hertfordshire, WD3 1FX

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.