On Jul 14, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

Instead I'd like to propose we support an init-level indicator like the run level from Unix systems. Components would be started in ascending order of the init level they provided.

This could be done as an attribute on the <component> element, something like:

    <component name="start2nd" initLevel="20"> ...
    <component name="start1st" initLevel="10"> ...

This would also allow us to eagerly initialize components without having to use an @Init annotation.

I added support for this over the weekend, at least on the <component> definition. Support is in the runtime to support this on a componentType but I have not changed the loader yet. I have not done anything with annotations as from what we were talking about it sounded like we would need spec changes. The boolean eager=true option on @Init is implemented as setting an initLevel of 50.

--
Jeremy