A while back, we decided to express operations using java.lang.Method. People have raised this as an issue when dealing with implementation types that may not use Java interfaces to represent services. This has also been problematic in dealing with Java metadata, as it forces knowledge of particular Java annotations deep in the runtime (e.g. @OneWay or @Callback when creating a TargetInvoker, which will really be problematic for things like async Javascript or Groovy).

I'd like to solve this ASAP. Any ideas/proposals/requirements people would like to raise?

Jim