Yang
 some comments on your points,

Re the return type loadObject, the spec says that ...
"The implementation of the static interfaces must implement the DataObject
interface, enabling all Data Objects, whether static or dynamic, to be used
with the DataObject interface."

So we could make the appearance of the XMLStreamReader look more POJO
aligned by returning Object,  but we would be stepping outside of SDO if we
were to return something that didn't implement DataObject.

Having an XMLStreamHelper.INSTANCE sounds reasonable,  scoped to the
TypeHelper.INSTANCE singleton.

Regards, Kelvin.