I think I asked several times...so let's say this is about the second or third one :-)

Jim

On Aug 8, 2006, at 1:37 AM, ant elder wrote:

Jim, the point I was making was that following all that discussion about this before the M1 release there was never any subsequent mail about it having now been implemented and asking if using -Psourcecheck should now be
a mandatory requirement before doing commits.

  ...ant

On 8/6/06, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Aug 6, 2006, at 3:25 AM, ant elder wrote:

> Jim, I think the problem may be that AFAIR it has never been made
> clear on
> the mailing list that "mvn -Psourcecheck" is a required or exactly
> what it
> does or how it works. I can find several mails about doing it and
> problems
> with doing it, but nothing saying something like 'this is the
> proposal, is
> everyone ok with making it mandatory".

There was a somewhat lengthy discussion and then what I and others
thought was agreement. As I recall, you originally objected and then
after more discussion, I asked if you still had objections and
received no response so assumed you were o.k. with it.

Dan provided a detailed overview of what it is:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg01998.html

There was some discussion, Jeremy and you had some issues. Jeremy's
issues were resolved and I asked if you still had issues. There was
no response so I assumed there were no more objections:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg02127.html

And Jeremy's final message about implementing it:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg02133.html

Also, as some more background, checkstyle and PMD enforce our coding
guidelines which were agreed upon and written up a while back, almost
at the start of the project. It would be nice at some point to get
those back on the web site with more explanations on coding practices...

Jim