I just verified how SDO Java implementation works using your example below.

  First, it checks whether "myElem.1" is a valid property name. If yes,
getString() would return the value of "myElem.1" otherwise it treats "myElem.1"
as an XPath string.

  Fuhwei

Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Pete Robbins wrote:
> I think the problem is that you can define an elements in a type such as:
>

> This would lead to properties on the SDO type named "myElem" (which is
> many-valued) and "myElem.1".
>
> So, when I code
> xxxxxxx->getCString("myElem.1");
> does that return value index 1 from "myElem" or the single valued
> property "
> myElem.1".
>
> I think that is why we decided to disallow dots in property names.
>
> Cheers,

Pete,

I believe that an XPath implementation needs to support this, and this
is actually independent of SDO as dots are allowed in XSD element names.

You would just escape the dot, like this:
xxxxxxx->getCString("myElem%2E1"). Would that work for SDO as well? How
is our XPath support implemented?