On Aug 8, 2006, at 8:38 PM, cr22rc wrote:

If we can find another way without applying our private changes to Axis I'm perfectly fine by that. Have any detailed suggestion off hand? Do I have access to that particular classloader at the Axis binding point? Not sure. Need to check tomorrow. .If not, where should it be stashed away ? DeploymentContext?

You have access to two classloaders - the one used to load you (the binding extension) and the one that will be used for the application (supplied in the DeploymentContext). The one in the TCCL is of unspecified origin i.e. it may have been set by something else before calling the Tuscany code - in this case it is set by the Sun runtime but in the webapp environment it will have been set by Tomcat/ WebLogic/WebSphere/...

Specifically, your code may *not* have permission to load or set the TCCL.

Just curious, as I recall TCCL was set to the sun boot loader if I'm not mistaken. If so, why is that better?

As above it was not set by us, it was inherited from the host.

Seems a tad odd that that is the "context". Wouldn't it make sense for it to be set to the same loader that is loading / configuring the binding?

We really trying to get to a mode where we do not rely on the TCCL at all - deployment code should be able to work with classloaders that are specifically supplied to it. In fact, the only time we should set the TCCL is when calling into user-supplied code.

--
Jeremy